Monday, October 20, 2014

Artist Snapshot: Allison Weiss

Over the summer I had the pleasure of acquainting myself with the music of Allison Weiss, thanks again to another Sound Supply Drop.

I was blown away. Weiss is an artist who could write hook-laden courses, catchy melodies and memorable lyrics and while pouring her emotions out through song. As I listened, I was frequently reminded of Saves The Day, The Starting Line, and The New Amsterdams. Just some serious hooks and excellent songwriting ability.

Her music and lyrics have infected my brain. She's about to crack my top 20 on Last.fm, to take her place among artists I've been listening to for years. I'd only heard of Weiss before, and I am so glad I finally actually listened to her music. My life is better for it, and her discography became my official soundtrack of the summer.

I could go on and on about what I love about her music, but I think her music speaks for itself.  I put together a little playlist of some of my current favorites. These picks lean on the side of more instrumentation, but her stripped down acoustic tunes are pretty excellent as well. If you like what you hear,  buy her music at her Bandcamp page or at her Official Site. Now LISTEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment